These stylish roller shade blinds are popular among our blind solutions. Sunscreen shades let you see outside while softening harsh sunlight – ideal blinds for conservatories, cafes, or rooms with a view. Blackout shades keep light out in daytime and heat in at night – saving power.
“Sunscreen” Protecting privacy and furnishings while enjoying a full view
Our window shade blinds enable the best of both worlds – enjoying the great vistas outside while stopping anyone seeing inside. They filter sunlight and damaging uv rays, preserving the rich colours and fresh condition of furnishings and floor coverings.
“Sunscreen” Avoiding the need for artificial light – saving power
As effective solar/sun blinds, they can let enough light in to make artificial lighting unnecessary, saving on power bills, without having to squint in the brightness.
“Blackout” Ideal for sleeping during the day
Our blackout roller blinds have special light-blocking properties, ensuring unwelcome light is kept out. They are ideal for shift workers or those who sleep during the day – especially in the summer months – or parents who want their children to sleep in the early evening or through to late morning.
Blackout blinds with great insulation to save heating costs
These blackout blinds conserve heat at night, retaining the warmth generated by wood burners, gas or electric heaters. They can also keep things cool indoors during the summer months, saving cooling costs.
Chic designer colours and textures to match a wide range of decor
These window shades can cater for classic or contemporary, subtle or bold, in light or dark colours to work with any space.
Easy smooth operation with motorized blind option
If you’re looking for electric motorized blinds, you can buy roller blinds from us fitted with efficient motorization systems. They are smooth and easy to open, close, and adjust – being set at the exact position required.
- Hard wearing and dirt-resistant fabric blinds
- Sunscreen fabrics are cut with the latest ultrasonic technology which seals the fabric, preventing frayed or wavy edges, giving a perfect finish.
- Crush cutting & rotary blade technology is used for thicker blackout fabrics.
- Optional colours for chains, brackets & clutch mechanism
- Round, oval, or flat bottom rail has optional colours
- Translucent fabrics to gently filter the sunshine
- Blackout fabrics to block the sunshine
- Easy to lift, made to measure in different sizes
- Choose between water resistant, flame retardant or stunning designs fabrics
- Upper aluminum covers and boxes are optional in different shapes and colours
- Side guides (cable or U-shape rail) are optional
Roller blind size
- Minimum recommended width: 40cm
- Maximum recommended width: 250cm (by chain) – 400cm (blackout-electrical) – 550cm(sunscreen-electrical) – larger available upon request
- Maximum recommended drop: 400cm (by chain) – 700cm (electrical) – longer available upon request
- Sill depth required for inside mount blind:
For 38mm tube (by chain): approx. 73mm (depending on blind’s drop & fabric’s thickness)
For 45mm tube (by chain): approx. 81mm (depending on blind’s drop & fabric’s thickness)
- Chain: Standard size is two thirds of drop but any length is available on request
Roller blind components
Composition: Polyester yarn coated with PVC, fiberglass yarn coated with PVC, 100% Polyester, Linen …
Openness: from 1% to 10% sunscreen, 0% blackout
Fire retardant: NFPA 701 / M1 / B1 / B2 (for specified fabrics) GREENGUARD indoor air quality certification, OEKO-TEX non-toxic fragrance-free certification, ANTI-BACTERIA certification (for specified fabrics)
Plastic (white, cream, brown, grey, black or clear), stainless steel, nickel plated steel or nickel plated brass
- Bottom rail:
Shapes: round, oval, or flat / Styles: outside fabric (visible) or inside fabric (in a sealed pocket)
Colour options: anodized, white, cream, black or brown
- Top tube:
Heavy duty 38mm Aluminium top tube for roller blinds up to 2m width & 4kg weight
Extra strength 45mm top tube for roller shade blinds over 2m width & up to 6kg weight
Roller blinds over 3m wide require ultra strength top tube at special price – available upon request
- Spring Assist: used in roller shade blinds over 2.5m width to ease lifting
Stove enamelled finish to galvanized steel
Colour options: grey, white, cream, black or brown
Roller blind operation
- Chain controls: choice of left or right hand side
- Roll direction:
Back-rolled to keep fabric close to window;
Front-rolled to avoid obstruction of knobs, handles, and winders
Roller blind cleaning
- Remove dust from the fabric’s surface with vacuum cleaner or compressed air
- Clean fabric with sponge or soft brush dipped in soapy water, then rinse with clean water, and leave blind down until completely dry (for PVC coated fabrics only)
- Do not scrub, use solvents or any abrasive substance that might damage the coating of the fabric